- Stay Away From Them: Top 15 Types Of Time Wasters You Should Avoid [Infographic]
- Want To Be Successful? Top 3 Common Negative Thoughts You Must Quickly Erase From Your Memory
- Why Successful Entrepreneurs And Rich People Don’t Think Like You?
- Top Motivational Books That Can Inspire Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- 5 Valuable Success Recipes For Serious Entrepreneurs
- 4 Business Success Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Learn From PSY & Gangnam Style Music Video
- Top 5 Smart Moves You Should Consider To Be A Successful Person
Alexa Rank Or Google PageRank? Which One Should You Worry About?
*Alexa Rank Or Google PageRank?
*Why Google PageRank is good for a business website
*Impact of Alexa Rank on a business website
*How captivating contents can improve your website
Alexa Rank or Google PageRank, which one are you worried about? I have come across so many articles on both Alexa Rank and Google PageRank, and I must confess that anyone new to how these two website metric tools work will find some of the information out there confusing.
I have seen some bloggers and webmasters worrying about their website or blog Google PageRank but very few of them are worried about Alexa Rank.
Almost every webmaster wants their Google PageRank high, even though not many of them understand hundred per cent how it works. I have seen a lot of websites that provide very less information but having high Page Rank.
We all seem to love having good Google PageRank but however, it’s very hard to earn Google PageRank. To get a good Google PageRank, you will have to spend some of your time building links with some really good in your blog niche.
Some people believe that Google PageRank is very important for better web traffic from Google Search. That means the higher your website is on Google PageRank, the better the traffic from Google Search. I personally don’t believe that’s how it works.
Also, there are some other people that believe Google PageRank has to do with the age of the domain or website. That means the older the domain or website, the higher the Google PageRank it gets. If this belief is to be taking serious, then some of my newly launched blogs with 2 years old domain names supposed to have ranked high on Google PageRank.
So why is Google PageRank important?
- 1). Google PageRank is important for your website or blog credibility.
- 2). It’s also good for niche authority reason as it shows how important your website or blog is compared to others.
- 2). Google PageRank is good for your website to get a great deal from potential advertisers as most of them now value websites or blogs with high Google PageRank.
- 3). If your PR is high then Advertiser won’t think much before displaying Ads on your website.
Alexa Rank is also as frequently talked about as Google PageRank by almost every webmasters and bloggers. It’s generally believed that Alexa Ranking System depends hugely on website traffic to rank websites and blogs.
But I don’t think website traffic is the only means through which Alexa Ranking System works. Why I make that statement? I have a video blog with over 2 thousand daily visitors and 10 thousand pageviews.
But the blog’s Alexa Rank is just a little less than 450 thousand. Compares to another blog where the daily visitors is well below 500 but with better Alexa Rank at 250 thousand.
What I have learnt so far is that it is not hard to get better Alexa Rank but the outcome largely depends on your blog niche and then on your traffic.
So from above information we can say that Alexa Rank depends on traffic and niche. Another thing is that if you have Alexa Browser Toolbar installed on your browser, then it could improve Alexa Rank of websites you visit most.
So why is Alexa Rank important?
- 1). Alexa Rank is great for popularity reason.
- 2). It shows your web traffics compare to other websites especially in the same niche as you.
- 3). Alexa Rank is also good for your website to get a great deal from potential advertisers.
- 4). Advertisers such as BuySellAds now prefer Alexa Rank while approving your website to show their ads
When people visit your website, the first thing they usually see is your contents, after then, some will check your Alexa Rank and Google PageRank. In my own personal opinion, the two website metrics are very important for a blog or website.
How to improve your Alexa Rank
Improving your Alexa Rank is much easier than Google PageRank. Since Alexa Rank solely depends on your traffics, all you have to do is to ensure that you get constant traffics to your website or blog.
How to improve your Google PageRank
Your website’s Google PageRank can be improved by making sure that your website is optimised for search engine. How do you optimise your website? Make sure that META and TITLE tags are properly used and defined.
Also, you should make sure that your website’s sitemap is submitted to Google for proper crawling and better visibility. Meanwhile, don’t forget to built targeted traffic to your website.
I would like to know from you guys. So kindly take time to share your experience with Google PR and Alexa Rank.